An engaged group of young and not-so-young people recently gathered for our latest Storytelling Workshop at Lighthouse Christian Community in Alabang, Philippines.
The gist of the afternoon session veered from the usual, technical aspects of photography that we cover for “gearheads” like myself. Instead, we covered some of the “why-for” and “how-to’s” behind the telling of a story.
- Collaborating with the Creator
- Prominence: Thumbnails are the new Cover Shots
- Lead Layout Ideas – Orientation, Ratios, Composition, etc…
- Visual glitches: Noise, DOF, Motion as a narrative device
- Human behavioural rules of attention
- The Photo Essay: 8 Rules of Life
- Story Arc & Types
- Perspective, Narrative and Duty – It is your narrative, but it is His story.